Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with Linchpin Enterprise News is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. Linchpin Enterprise News offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a teaser image with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of Linchpin Enterprise News.
2.3.1 Release Notes
- Preview for teaser images now changes correctly when using another image with the same file name
- Changed loading behavior for video teasers in Cover Stories and News Center to improve performance
- News authors will now be informed when news teaser image processing might take a while
2.3 Release Notes
New name and usability improvements for news authors
- New app name: Linchpin Enterprise News
- Usability improvement: We got rid of the News Teaser macro, all news teaser information is now located in the "additional information" area
- Upload a teaser image while editing teaser information and have a preview
- Much anticipated: Prevent cropping of important image elements by overriding the automatic
- Introducing obligatory spaces: Add certain spaces to users' personal subscriptions
- Improved colors and alignments in configuration interfaces and in the preview
- Title and kicker line will now be displayed fully on news tiles on hover
- Marked scaled down news teaser images with the label "len-teaser" so you can exclude them from gallery macros
- Fixed a compatibility issue with NaviTabs
- Intro texts now show up in feeds and on news tiles even when there’s an HTML macro in the content
- In rare cases, Internet Explorer 10 doesn't work properly with manual settings for news teaser images
- Blog post preview doesn't show all elements for anonymous users (but honestly, who grants editing permission for news to anonymous users? )
Have you found a bug or a missing feature? Please contact us via www.seibert.biz/help. Let's build a great product together!
- No labels